Open Water Swimming Mile Training Plan
Learn to swim an open water mile (1.6km) in 8 weeks. Online, in your own time.
Learn to Swim a Mile (1.6km) in 8 Weeks
Are you a swimmer looking to take on your first open water swimming mile or triathlon? Our 8-week online training plan will guide you through the training process to reach your swimming goal.
Who is this Course For?
This course is suitable for swimmers who are new to open water, or those wishing to gain more experience swimming in dams, lakes or the ocean.
Open Water Swimming Mile Course Description:
- 8-week online open water swimming mile training plan for beginners.
- Receive weekly training plans (including swim distance goals, pool programs and strength and mobility exercises) to implement in your own time.
- Track your progress with self-directed scientific assessments.
- Enjoy expert advice on swimming safety, technique and injury prevention.
To take part in the course, you need to be:
- Able to commit to 3 hours per week for the 8-week period.
- Able to swim 400m in a pool or open water at the start of the course.
- Free from injuries and serious health conditions.
Additionally, you will need access to:
- Email, as your weekly training plan will be sent to your email address.
- A safe outdoor swimming location, such a dam, tidal pool or the ocean. Access to an indoor pool for additional fitness training is recommended.
Start your journey to become an open water mile swimmer today!
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.