Robben Island Swim Training Course in Cape Town
Do you have your heart set on completing a Robben Island Swim? Turn that dream into a reality with our 12-Week Robben Island Training Course.
This advanced open water swimming course will gear you up to take on the iconic swim from Robben Island to Big Bay (7.5km) in the Atlantic Ocean of Cape Town, South Africa.
Who is this Course For?
This course is for experienced open water swimmers who are ready to take their swimming to the next level.
This 12-Week Advanced Course includes:
- 2-3 Open water swims per week guided by exercise professionals.
- Health & fitness assessments to track your progress.
- Weekly structured plans which assist in guiding your training.
- Strength & conditioning exercises to boost your performance.
- Expert advice on swim safety, technique and the Robben Island Swim.
To take part in the course, you need to be:
- Able to commit to 3 hours per week for the 12-week period.
- Able to swim 2km in open water (ocean or dam) at the start of the course.
- Free from injuries and serious health conditions.
The next course is starting 11 January 2021, training for a Robben Island crossing in April 2021 (exact date depends on conditions).
- Course fee – R2550 for the full 12 weeks
- Previous members / signing up with a partner – R2040pp
- Enquire about payment plans – from only R750 per month
Course fee excludes entry fee for the Robben Island event.
Start your Robben Island Swim Training Plan Today
Spaces are limited, so book your spot for this once-in-a-lifetime experience today!
If you’re not based in Cape Town, or have limited time, our online training plan may be a better option for you: