8-Week Mile Swim Training Course
Are you training for your first triathlon, or keen to improve your fitness in the open water?
Our 8-Week Mile Swim Training Course will get you ready to swim a mile (1.6km) in the ocean.
Follow an online training plan or join us for one of our courses in Cape Town.
Who is this Course For?
This course is suitable for swimmers who have some swimming experience and would like to gain fitness and skills in open water.
This 8-Week course includes:
- 2 Open water swims per week guided by an exercise professional.
- Health & fitness assessments to track your progress.
- Weekly structured plans which assist in guiding your training.
- Expert advice on swimming skills, safety and technique.
To take part in the course, you need to be:
- Able to commit to 3 hours per week for the 8-week period.
- Able to swim 400m in a pool or open water at the start of the course.
- Free from injuries and serious health conditions.
The Mile Training Course takes place twice a year, during the following months:
Assessment: At tidal pool or Sea Point Pavilion (date and time TBC)
- Mondays 5pm at Clifton 4th
- Wednesdays 5pm at Clifton 4th
- New swimmers – R1750 for the full 8 weeks
- Repeat swimmers / signing up with a partner – R1420pp
- Enquire about payment plans – from only R750 per month
Sign Me Up!
To sign up for the Mile Training Course, please complete the following steps.
- Complete the online registration form.
- A deposit of R250 secures your spot on the course. Remainder of fees are due on the 1st day of the the calendar month.
Still unsure if this course is for you?
Email Maryse on email@example.com if you have any questions.
Hope to see you in the water soon!
If you’re not based in Cape Town, or have limited time available, our online 8-Week Mile Training Plan may be a better option for you.