Open Water Swimming Beginner Course
Have you dreamed of becoming an open water swimmer, but not sure where to start?
Our Open Water Swimming Beginner Course is the perfect way to transition from pool to open water.
What is the Open Water Swimming Beginner Course?
The Beginner Course consists of 4 guided sessions at a tidal pool near Camps Bay/Clifton, which creates the perfect setting for swimmers new to open water.
What you’ll learn:
- How to handle cold water
- Skills such as sighting and breathing techniques
- Building up to swimming 800m in cold water
- Strength & conditioning exercises
Am I fit enough to join?
To sign up, you need to be able to swim at least 200m (8 lengths) continuously in a pool.
At the end of the course there’s an option to continue onto our Mile (1.6km) Training Course, so start getting those ocean swimming or triathlon goals lined up!
When does the Open Water Swimming Beginner Course take place?
Beginner courses run monthly on the first 4 Mondays of the calendar month during the following months:
- Mondays 4-4:45pm at either the Camps Bay or Maiden’s Cove Tidal Pool.
New swimmers: R750 per course, including a swim cap and resistance band.
Repeat swimmers: R600 per course.
Sign Me Up!
Start your open water swimming experience today in a safe and fun way.
To sign up for the Beginner Course, please complete the following steps.
- Complete the online registration form.
- A deposit of R250 secures your spot on the course. Remainder of fees are due on the 1st day of the the calendar month.
Still unsure if this group is for you?
Email Maryse on email@example.com if you have any questions.
Hope to see you in the water soon!